This was a storm that developed in the Gulf and is moving up along the coast, not an uncommon occurrence -- it is not an Atlantic storm (which come across from Africa). It is a minimal TS, it will rain a lot, maybe blow a bit, but just matter of course here on the fringe.

I am more worried that it is a new moon high tide, +6.7 here tonight and tomorrow night which is higher than "normal" so if there is any surge there will be a lot of flooding. Charleston will probably be kayak territory tomorrow as it floods on spring tides, and if there is any rain at all, nowhere near 4 or 5" it will be flooded all over the place.

Here on the marsh we will likely get some very high tides, last night we had about 2" of rain and it is wet out there at low tide now from all the runoff. The breeze is freshening a bit and it is starting to sprinkle a bit, most will be moving in later tonight, and might strengthen a bit as it gets to the east coast and gets more warm and moisture off the water.

--R