Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 22:57:45 -0500
From: Benz Hogs <benz-n-h...@gulseth.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT - cat $#it in the garden

Again, for the cat and cow $#it in my garden, it works and I've NEVER
met a farmer that doesn't use cow $#it in their own garden.  The good
bacteria that are responsible for causing things to compost overwhelm
the crappy bacteria you are scared of.  Also, you apply the $#it to your
garden BEFORE you plant, not after, not when the fruit has started to
form.  Best practice is in the fall so it has 4-6 months to compost and
become good fertile soil.  Do NOT apply $#it after you have planted,
this greatly increases e-coli potential.

This process works for those in rural areas and for those city folk who
are smart about the application.

Luther   KB5QHU    Forest Park, IL
'98 ML320 "Max" (166,xxx mi)