It's been my experience that the first thing to check when one has any kind of vibration is tires. Sometimes one can feel a tread separation just by carefully feeling for it on each tire. The next thing is to jack up each end of the car and lay a straight edge on a block close to the tread and slowly turn the wheel. After that, rotating the tires front to back can be diagnostic if that changes the frequency/interval of the vibration. If so, take the car to a good tire shop for rebalancing and professional checks. If no luck after that, then I check the tie rod ends and other parts of the front end for looseness. Also check the wheel lugs for looseness. I put a large pipe wrench on the drive shaft and twist it while closely looking at the flex discs for cracks in the rubber. I make sure and put the pipe wrench close to the ends of the drive shaft links so the drive shaft "tube" won't be deformed. The rubber mount for the carrier bearing should be moveable but not loosely moveable.

If none of that is diagnostic, then perhaps some of the real pros on this list can suggest more serious problems to look for.
Gerry
'83 300D
'83 240D

Hi all, new member here and new owner of an 84' 300D. Being brand new to
these cars I don't have a point of reference.

I have a cyclical rumble felt in the seat from about 30mph up. It occurs
primarily when engine is under load (accelerating or maintaining speed up a
hill). Its about one second on, one off. Seems like it might get slightly
faster with speed. It's not terribly annoying but would like to fix it if
possible.

Flex discs and carrier bearing look good. Both have about 80k. New engine
and trans mounts. Transmission has about 80k miles on it. One new axle half
shaft. One old one but boots are intact. Driveshaft has one weight on it
that I could find.

Someone told me this is the natural vibes of a straight 5 cylinder. Not
sure if i believe that. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Also,
can anyone recommend a good w123 mechanic in the Norman, Moore, Okc area?

Thanks,
Daniel

OK Don
2013 F150