To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 3:21 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Jack Safety

Sure Chris,

That's how I did it when I changed the Center Bearing and carrier on
wife's 240D.

Russ W.
'83 240D x2

Chris wrote:

Would it be safe to work under a 123 wagon with the front two wheels on
steel ramps, and the two back wheels jacked up and the frame placed on jack stands? More properly phrased, is this a common way to work under a car? I need to get to the bottom of a wheel/driveshaft noise, and while driving it
sounds like it is coming from the back wheel, under the car it sounds like
it is coming from the driveshaft. As I inch closer to the front of the car
(with just the back jacked up and secured), the space gets tighter and I
bang my beak.

Chris Kueny ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
78 Chevy Custom deluxe
'85 300TD