Rich Thomas wrote:
Yeah it leaves sort of a sticky brown gunky residue, most of it evaporates but I have noticed that residue after some long time. My in-laws are quite fond of it at the Nantucket house, which is right close to the water, and it gets a lot of salt spray and air, so stuff tends to corrode and seize up. They spray that stuff all over everything, and over time the gunk builds up and it does not move anyway. I think I took some LPS or light spray lube of some sort one time, and the various family members told me it was no good. Go figure. Not my headache except every coupla years if I get there, so I did not fight it.

Give them a can of Rem Oil and see what they say in a year.
When somebody took WD, RIG, and a bunch of gun type oils, sprayed some stripper clips, and then stuck them on a coat hanger over the shower for a year, the Rem Oil clip had the least rust on it.

Mitch.