Thanks Peter - I really appreciate you taking the tie to help. I like having something specific to check. A couple of questions, please ... Is it vacuum operated or electrical? I should be able to test it either way but just curious... When you say "behind" the air intake - do you mean between the radiator overflow tank and the battery or between the Air Filter and the Rad Overflow tank? Just trying to pin things down -- MB never does that well in the WSM.....

Now, off to research the Vacuum Servo Control Valve...

Thanks again --
LarryT