Not a slur. Not at all. But it is sometimes used to describe frugal. It is just a word used to describe the origin of a group of people. Portugee is not a slur either. It just describes the origin of that group of Hawaiian people.

No, they are not. I thought that word was an ethnic slur aimed at the Chinese that was commonly used in Hawaii?

And for the record, I consider myself frugal, but when my life is in immediate danger, possessions are going to be the last thing I worry about...

Dan