Treating people well always pays off. One a trip a couple years ago with my mother, who requires a wheelchair in airports, we went through Atlanta twice in a few days, and believe it or not the gate agent remembered us and the fact we were going to a wedding, asked how it went, etc. I suspect this is because I NEVER demand anything from gate agents, always ask, show up on time, travel with my mother instead of foisting her off on the airport staff, and always say thank you and please. She also moved us to bulkhead seats without being asked, and while I'm sure Delta does that for people with limited mobility as a matter of course, it was nice of her to do so.

So far my worst experience has been grudging service (not when traveling with Mom) and even then I said thank you very much when I had to get a ticket changed due to a late flight.

Mind you, I've never been late for boarding on an originating flight, don't whine and complain, and in general treat people like I would prefer to be treated.

Peter