http://seattle.craigslist.org/car/121149673.html

$6500 for a restored mgb shell

On Sunday, January 1, 2006, at 06:34 PM, OK Don wrote:

I did use a front stabilizer bar from a "C" in my Olds V-8 powered MGA
- it was a nice handling car  and sure surprized a LOT of folk.

At $4500, I could see it as a possibility. For $9000, you would have to love the car enough to do a cost-is-no-object project. I don't think I could sell a completed car for more than the body would cost me. A really nice B seems to be a $5000-7000 car around here. I did just have a Frankenbenz idea. How about a B chassis with an OM602 turbo engine and five speed? Couldn't be any more nose-heavy than a MBC, could it? I almost bought a C-GT project
for $800 about 20 years ago, IIRC it needed brakes, engine rebuild and
upholstery.
--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK