That is wild, I'm amazed such a thing iswas allowed. On one hand I find it a sad, pathetic imitation of engineering and marketing/advertising that I wouldn't want diluting the car "gene" pool, but on the other hand, it's nice to see developing prosperity and capitalistic economic growth in areas of the world where often the citizens weren't always allowed to the free chance to create and produce their own national products for their fellow citizens and export market connections. Asia is catching up to (and some parts excelling) the "western" ideals of freedom for unhibited market creativity and the chance to succeed or fail based on the votes with currency from the masses. Kudos to them for that.

Vince

Club 123D President
www.club123d.org

From: "Hendrik Riessen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Korean 124s
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 12:27:09 +1030

Over here in Oz we get the Musso 4x4 and the delivery van called the MB100
which is branded as being a Mercedes but built in Korea and it tells.
http://autoweb.drive.com.au/cms/A_51864/newsarticle.html
http://www.ssangyongaustralia.com.au/
http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=9606&vf=1
Ooooh looks like we get the Chairman as well...........yippeee.........not

Hendrik
who can buy a few 124's for the price of the Korean copy