On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 13:33:21 -0400 Rich Thomas
<richthomas79td...@constructivity.net> wrote:

> Yeah I am going to go do that later this afternoon, looks like maybe
> the rain has stopped for awhile.  I was all confused...

Don't worry about it, it happens to us all.

Craig

> On 7/13/13 12:47 PM, Craig wrote:
> > On Mon, 08 Jul 2013 10:29:17 -0400 Rich Thomas
> > <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net> wrote:

> >> The section on setting the slop (33-300) says "Place tester on front
> >> wheel hub and set dial guage to approx. 2mm preload" but then it says
> >> under Data "Wheel bearing end play 0.01-0.02" with no units
> > The "2mm preload" is there to make sure the dial indicator is not near
> > the end of its travel and will indicate the bearing free-play
> > properly. You put the dial indicator mounting hardware on such that
> > the dial indicator moves 2 mm from its rest position when it is in
> > place.
> >
> > Once the dial indicator has moved the 2 mm from its rest position, you
> > move the hub/disk in and out to see how much free play there is in the
> > wheel bearing. The free play should be 0.01 to 0.02 mm (0.0004 to
> > 0.0008 inch).
> >

> > Craig

Craig

Present:'95 E320        Sebastian  117 kmi
        '94 E420        Oskar      127 kmi (awaiting parting out)
        '82 240D/3.0    Bluebell   267 kmi (leaking diesel from somewhere
                                            in the engine compartment)
Past:   '86 190E/2.3
        '72 220/8
        '64 190Dc       Emma