e wrote:
>     no matter where they got it from, it's indeed proof that there's nobody
> with a brain engaged in the path, and they're simply regurgitating whatever
> is put in front of them.

Nobody with brain engaged? - as in ROTE?
Perhaps generally applicable for the oriental pilots, as Rich told us?
My son (chief pilot & check airman lear35) said he was taught by FAA
about the 4-step learning process of instruction to be a pilot:

Levels of Learning

Rote – lowest level and provides the ability to repeat back something
that has been taught, without the understanding or application of what
has been learned.

Understanding – basis of effective learning. Students with
understanding know the reason for the development of skills needed to
apply what has been learned. The student with understanding is able to
know the reason for the development of skills needed to apply what is
being taught.

Application – development of skills necessary to apply what is being taught.

Correlation – the highest level of learning. Correlation allows a
student to associate an element that has been learned with other
segments or "blocks" of learning or accomplishment.

http://www.aerosports.org/training/training-materials/study-guide-for-the-fundamentals-of-instruction

Many people operate without brain engaged, I suspect.  Perhaps even
the pilots at Asiana?
mao