Let me suggest you are jumping to conclusions that have not been confirmed.

I would think you should do a bit more of an analysis before you give up.

Get the oil tested etc.

Is the additional "oil" actually coolant or could it be diesel fuel?

If the oil is not milky, I would want to have a closer look before I assumed it was coolant.

Might there have been an air bubble in the coolant system such that it finally took up the fluid from the overflow resevoir?

Finally, if the rest of the vehicle is nice and you like it, why not put another $5K in to fix it if you have to. Still a lot less expensive than buying another vehicle if you feel the need for 2.

Just my 2 cents.

Randy