This issue has gone round and round. I have plugged tires that never needed further service on the plughe tire0. AFAIK they didn't need air more than the tires that never received plugs. I assume Randy has had different results suggesting a different outcome but I only know what I have experienced......

How about plugging it and watching it to see if it needs more air for instance?

YMMV,   ;-)
Larry