On 22/07/2013 11:05 AM, Larry T wrote:
This issue has gone round and round. I have plugged tires that never needed further service on the plughe tire0. AFAIK they didn't need air more than the tires that never received plugs. I assume Randy has had different results suggesting a different outcome but I only know what I have experienced......

How about plugging it and watching it to see if it needs more air for instance?

YMMV,   ;-)
Larry

I know that for years now, if I take a tire for repair to any of the reputable tire shops, they always pull the tire from the rim and put a patch on the inside. I think the only places that would put in a plug are general maintenance shops that are not really in the tire business.

I had a plug blow out once many years ago and have not trusted them since.
I think on that occasion the hole was likely too big and the repair person used poor judgment in fixing it for me. However, in his defense, I would say that tire fixers are usually at the low end of the skill levels in shops.

Randy