Vinyl siding, while low maintenance is not exactly pretty to look at!
Looks don't bother me much :d, but I do have experience with vinyl siding. My parents put it on the last two homes they had. I'm not sure if it was the fault of the installers, but both of them were much draftier once the vinyl was put on! When my wife and I had to replace the faulty LP siding on our last home, we elected to go with Hardi Plank siding instead. The house sold very quickly! We'll soon be moving back to Oregon once again since Colorado didn't work out for us with NO public transportation in our area! We'll have better public transit as well as more friends/family to drive my next Mercedes Diesel which I'll have a better chance of obtaining in the Portland area. Back to the original topic, the house we're looking at has painted cedar siding, and a place for afore mentioned MB Diesel.

Kevin in LaPorte, CO soon to be back in OR, with plenty of MB Diesels and rain