On 07/08/2013 6:14 PM, Craig wrote:
On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 16:12:22 -0500 Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com> wrote:

oh?  Back to IH again?  Or is someone else building  v-8s?
Sorry, I cannot answer that question.

Craig

I think the new diesel engine is Ford designed and produced.

Did they not have some dispute with IH and that resulted in departure from use of the IH engines?

My mechanic son has done a fair amount of work on diesel pickups in the last year or two. Ford head gaskets etc.
GM injectors etc.
Expensive and difficult to work on.
Either the Dodge with the Cummins is better or his shop does not attract them as I don't think he has done any work on motors in those trucks.
The last one I recall him commenting on was suspension work.

Randy