No, but I worked around a lot of them.

Interestingly, we (the locals) never touched a turnip.  There were migrant
workers who came into town for the harvest that did all the work with the
turnips.  Peaper Brothers had a large building behind the greenhouses where the
turnips were processed - washed, sized and bagged.  It was a cold storage
warehouse which had a full court basketball court (remember, this is Indiana.)
When we were on break from working in the greenhouses we often went down to the
"plant" and played basketball in a 40 degree gymnasium.  This was especially
nice in the summer when we were sterilizing the beds in the greenhouses, which
involved the use of steam with the greenhouses closed up tight.

We would often play with the migrant kids after work in the evenings.  This was
back in the day when you could pretty much run amok well into the evening
without the folks getting all worked up about your safety.

Ahh, those were the days....

Dan