It seems to me you have a variable definition for "flooded".
To me flooded means theres more gas available than can be handled by the spark plug. A wet spark plug produces considerably less spark than a dry one so theres no starting.

It seems you start by using "flooded" to mean "primed" but then change to flooded when you talk about holding full throttle to clear the extra fuel...

My Husky has a primer bulb that I only use if the saw has been sitting a few weeks or more. If its been running recently I flip the choke and it'll start pretty easy.

-Curt

I mean too rich to run. I don't generally check to see if the spark plug is wet.

With the choke out, it starts, and runs and dies before I can get to the choke to shove it in. TO me that is more flooded than primed. to me primed means there is adequate gasoline to the carb. But I hate gassers, so I really don't care how you want to define the terms. Gimme a Diesel!