On 14/08/2013 7:05 PM, Jaime Kopchinski wrote:
The driveway is long, but its also gravel.... well, compacted gravel into
dirt.  Its been a while since anyone has dumped new gravel on it.  I'm
hoping to get the support of the other three neighbors over the next year
or two to pave it, but thats another story all together.  Right in front of
my house is fresh loose gravel, which will get pushed around much easier.

Anyone have any experience with plow vs blower on gravel/dirt?

Jaime

My walk behind blower tends to pick up and throw stones the first time I use it after the first snowfall. Then the base gets packed down and hardened up and the blower stops picking up the stones. The feet - skids - on the blower can be adjusted so it does not scrape quite as close to the ground so it does not pick up as much. On pavement, folks often have it set to scrape very close to the pavement because they want the driveway to look like it does in summer.
That does not work so well with gravel.

Randy