On Mon, 2 Sep 2013 15:50:46 -0700 clay <redgh...@comcast.net> wrote:

> There have been no orders to keep me away from #1 boy's car.  That
> thing is becoming more than the pig it was treated like.  Trans fluid
> was black as pitch and smelled of outhouse.  Motor oil  was thick as
> mud, black as coffee and burnt.  We did a diff fluid swap and got
> molasses which has left a stench to be rivaled by the reek of
> hellfire.  I am thinking he drives a few thousand miles and we will
> flush all fluids and filters and change over to M1.  That will reduce
> the crap and extend the life of the car a little more.

Sounds like you might want to flush it out a little more and a little
more quickly. Maybe he should drive it only 1000 miles, put it new
filters with the same cheap fluids, drive it 2000 miles, and then put
new filters and M1 in.

Reminder to self: when looking at a vehicle, look at the lubricants also.

Craig