boge are oem on teh front of 124.  bilstein on the rear.  but if a guy has
a german accent, he must know better than i do and i must be delusional
(whcih is possible). i believe  the original question was the meaning of
the "super trouring" spec and whether this was the same as an oe spec boge
or not.  this is a good question i don't know the answer to. maybe your
german guy knows?

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 11:42 PM, Peter Frederick <psf...@earthlink.net>wrote:

> According to my German mechanic, who went to Benz school to learn how,
> they are interchangeable, and sometimes Boge is orginal equipment and
> sometimes Bilstien is.  For instance, Boge shocks are OEM on the rear of
> the W124 while Bilstien is OEM for the front struts.  Both on my car were
> getting tired by 300k miles, but even the rears are still usable
> approaching 400k (I have new ones, just haven't gotten around to replacing
> them)
>
> Both are made in Germany and are high quality and meet the original MB
> specifications.  I'd not get my knickers in a knot about using one over the
> other.  The difference between touring (comfort) and HD is much greater
> than the difference between the makers.
>

> Peter

*reliable vendor of superior parts for mercedes and other european cars

*
*www.BuyEUROparts.com*