I tried non standard shocks I found on fleabay.  Dirt cheap (should have known)
and new.  Cost more to install them than I paid to get them.  Really great ride

for the first week.  Then just as bad as the worn out shocks.  Now I take it to
the indy and he will only do Bilsteins.  Good enough for him, is good enough
for me.  Gump rode like she was on rails once she got a set.  Froggy has them,
I think we were looking at doing them on the E300.  The 300SE is next in line
for them.  Once #1 boy finds $$$ for fresh rubber and has a good feel for
sooner or later shock replacement

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers