On Sep 3, 2013 9:38 PM, "rickknoble" <rickkno...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I would love to use my tablet for email more often, but I have no clue
how to do quoted text in replying to emails. Does anyone have any tips?

In the native gmail app, reply, then hit the "respond inline" button on the
right.  That will let you edit in the conventional way, with standard >
prefixing.

> I now know how Max struggled with email on his Android phone. Guess I'll
be sticking with the iPhone or maybe a BlackBerry Z10.

I think going to a BlackBerry because Android doesn't have enough options
may be a dead end. ;)

There are many email clients for Android.  I actually prefer the native
Gmail app, I think Max was using k9, and I was just reading that Evomail
and Dextr are coming along.  I do not like the native email (not Gmail)
app, and I use Touchdown for work but am not especially happy with it.
There are others, but I haven't investigated them much since I'm used to
the Gmail app now.

Best,
Tim