When my Blackberry died I could not justify the purchase of another one.  I
consider the platform dead.  I bought and iPhone 4S and haven't looked
back.  The iOS sandboxing is generally secure.  The company I work for will
require a special app for Android phones to pretty much do the same as iOS
does out of the box.