Is this car not worth the price of a new/used relay? Seems like a lot ofeffort to avoid buying the correct part unless this is a car going to the salvage yard? With all of Kalebs cars seems like he'd have a used one ?

Don't get me wrong - I'm a huge proponent of "Cheap" but this seems counter productive. BTW - I would not want to sell a car with a jury rigged starting system.

LarryT