Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 08:53:12 -0400
From: "Gerry Archer" <arche...@embarqmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Computer question

A friends Dell P6754yPC desktop computer won't connect to the internet.  I
fixed the TCP/IP but now Window7 says the rj45 modem is bad  (the wireless
modem works okay).  There's a lot of lightning in this area that often takes
out internal modems.
Since the rj45 modem is part of the motherboard, I'm wondering if I can
simply use an Intel PRO/1000 GT Desktop Adapter - PCI - 1 x RJ-45 -
10/100/1000Base-T - Internal modem or equivalent?  This computer is
connected to a DSL modem.

The long motherboard socket where the Intel modem would plug in has one
notch.  The Intel modem has two notches.
Motherboard description lists these slots, one of which is in use by a
wireless modem.

1 PCI Express x16 slot for graphics card
3 PCI Express x1 slots
1 PCI Express x1 minicard slot

Modem description says:

Compatible with x1, x4, x8, and x16 full-height and low-profile PCI Express
slots

Thanks,
Gerry