On Oct 17, 2013 10:57 PM, "M. Mitchell Marmel" <marme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's the deal, kids:
> This is a Jeep Cherokee.  This is not a
> luxury SUV,

This whole ad is kind of odd to me.  I remember contemporary reviews that
bemoaned the fact that the XJ, despite having solid axles front and rear,
was a unit-body design and therefore "not a real Jeep."  I've always
thought it paved the way for the Explorer and the whole soccer-mom SUV
culture of the '90s.

Of course there are also those who say that there haven't been any real
Jeeps since the CJ-5, and the big, plush Grand Wagoneer was the beginning
of the end.

Alex