On 15/11/2013 6:01 PM, Dwight Giles wrote:
Larry a non comedic question
Do you really need the block heater where you live? I ask because I had 2
240D ' s over 8 NE winters without block heaters. I kept track of lowest AM
start temps. Using the Curt triple glow technique I started my  79 at 4F  &
my 78 (now Curt's) at 10F. I get the easier start & quicker heat. Just a
thought.
Dwight

Nothing wrong with a block heater and they are not all that expensive. I cannot help but think it is good for the engine to be pre-warmed a bit.

Randy