My only complaint with the ACC in the W124 is that the seat take forever to cool down on hot days. The car is cool, the fan speed has dropped, and I'm roasting since the seat feels like it has seat heaters stuck on. Takes until I get home to get comfortable. Not so bad on trips, but the drive to and from work is a pain.

It helps to put the system in "up and down" mode so some cool air comes out the foot vents, seems to cool the seat down faster.

Otherwise, it's great when it's working well. I like to froze in the 300D in the summer on the highway when the evaporator was intact.

Peter