On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 20:56:00 -0600 Mountain Man <maontin....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Craig - when you lived out there by Peyton, did you know Dragonman?

No, I did not.

> Dragonman was the guy at the top of the hill on Hwy94 east of CSpgs,
> just east of the landfill and pick n pull.

The only landfill I knew of was on Woodman Valley Road just west of Black
Forest Road and several miles west of Hwy 94. I didn't know there was a
pick 'n' pull.

> He did this type of gun thing from time to time.  He would drive a rat
> patrol jeep after a car that was rigged to motor in a tight circle.
> The objective was to chase and shoot the car until it was
> killed/stopped.  Dragonman had a front page writeup in WSJ in early
> '90's - interesting guy from NYC that moved to CSpgs.  FBI would
> consult him.  He died several years ago.  He had a large gun shop out
> there in the moose pasture east of town.  We were further east and then
> south at Drennan.

Interesting. I didn't see the article about him (I didn't see any WSJ
papers).

> Best water in the world was from 100 ft deep well in Black Squirrel
> alluvium.

We had a 523 ft deep well four miles south of Calhan. I don't recall
which acquifer it tapped. Once we got the iron-fixing bacterial killed
off, the water was great.

Craig