See heres the thing I don't understand about the climate change argument. Lets
say, just for giggles, that we can't do anything about the temperature change,
its gonna do what its gonna do. So the right would have us believe all we've
got to do is roll back environmental restrictions and the economy will ramp up
and everybody will be happy right?

So what happens when you can't breathe? I've seen pictures of the Nashua river
not far from my house ON FIRE. Thats what lax regulation does to us, business
pushes to make stuff as cheap as possible because most people only see hoarding
as much cheaply made junk as possible and to get stuff as cheap as possible
means pollution.

You can breathe in the LA basin again, the smog is way, way down. This has been
in no small part to more efficient cars but probably more to do with pollution
scrubbers on power plants. There aren't as many wild fires any more either
which I'm sure helps a lot...

Theres only so much air, I see lots of "scientists" that'll tell you theres
such a huge amount of atmosphere that we can pollute all we want but if you go
back 100 years "scientists" were saying the same thing about water. "Dump
anything you want in the ocean, it'll clean it theres a bazzilion gallons of
water there!" Guess what, you throw enough pollution somewhere it gets back to
you eventually. When it comes to the atmosphere what goes up must come down.

This is one of the few places I seriously disagree with Ron Paul, he says
abolish the EPA and the market will "work it out", I say "yeah right". I also
don't believe people or markets are in any way rational, one trip to Wal-Mart
should show you that.

-Curt