Cambridge, MA decided at some point in the 70s to make Cambridge a "Nuclear-free Zone" (or maybe it was a nuclear free-zone?) and put up signs to that effect on all approaches to the Peoples' Democratik Republik of Kambridge. While a student at MIT, with one of those signs just outside my office on Mass Ave, we all took delight in the fact that about 300yd on down the street was a nuclear reactor on the left, set back not too far from the street. The idiots on the city council and all the progressive doo-gooders never quite got the irony of that.

I think it is also a "Domestic Violence-free Zone" except for young gentleman from Dagestan or wherever.

--R