With all respect for your opinion, I still believe we need to "vote them
off the island" to take a reality show phrase.

We have a potential candidate pool of some 312,000,000 citizens to choose
from, why mess around. Part of the problem presently is that we the people
have gone soft and allowed the people we voted in to represent our interest
to operate without being held responsible.

Being barred for life from public office sends a strong message to others
who follow to act responsibly and take the oath of office to heart. Setting
such a hard limit, I believe, would re-empower the voting citizen. I
believe that is a necessary step in the non lethal route to government
reform.

Or.. we could just wait for the revolt that is likely coming and watch them
be dragged into the streets by angry mobs.. History is full of that... what
was the Italian guys name again that was hung, upside down, shot 7 times..
etc etc.. ummm Mussolini, was it? just to name one.. and how was it that
Kadifi died?  Once the tide of public anger rises to the break point,,
history repeats it's self..

I'd rather vote and have it really mean something.

Grant...
[Basically peaceful, in a "get off my lawn" sorta way]

Then there was that woman....whassername? moochie antoinette? How did she fare?
She had a similar disdain for the people as what moochel antoinette has.