http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
Study hard, there will be a test later on!

Hendrik
who is a bit of a root rat

On 07/02/14 01:39, Rich Thomas wrote:
Perhaps it is the Oz pronunciation of "rutting?"

--R

On 2/6/14 9:59 AM, G Mann wrote:
Ok Hendrik... so don't keep me in suspense. Teach me proper "OZ"
application of "Rooting".

Could it be used in a sentence that says "He was rooting about with
another's wife" for example? Or is it more "He did the rooting in his
garden this fall".
Inquiring minds want to know, and the old Mercedes just refused to break
again today, so nothing needs fixing. It's even winter here and I don't
care that the air conditioning doesn't work [still].

Grant...