Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 17:34:04 -0500
From: Rich Thomas <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Delta sucks

I think it has more to do with trying to make a profit.  Airlines have
been mostly poor in that regard for years, so the mergers and high load
factors are attempts to build revenues and profits, with a lowering of
customer service and any semblance of pleasure in your flying, which
comes from saving a buck and shaving costs.  It has become like ridin
the dog but with smaller seats.

One thing to remember about flying that I learned early on.  That person
behind the desk or the FA on your airplane is the ONLY person who can
help you get what you need or want.  Treat him or her nicely and
respectfully and your chance of getting what you want/need goes up
exponentially.  Most of them are hating the way things are going worse
than you are because they have to deal with all the other jerks all day
long.  You would be surprised at what a kind word or a brief friendly
conversation might get you in the midst of madness all around.

--R