"Driving" to DR reminds me: 'Bout ten years ago, while SWMBO was Director of the local arts council, she often had help from inmates at the federal minimum security prison on Seymour Johnson Air Force Base. One of the inmates recounted to her one day the frustration he'd endured a couple of days before in preparation for his imminent release. While preparing the inmate's release papers, his counselor/advisor/clerk told him that a bus ticket to his home town would be provided for him. Inmate tried to tell the counselor that buses do not go to his home in Puerto Rico - he would need a ticket to fly there. Counselor/clerk was adamant, though, "We provide bus tickets - you'll take a bus like everybody else." They finally got it worked out, but the inmate was nearly in tears trying to convince the counselor/clerk that he really did need to fly to Puerto Rico - a bus would not make it.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
To: "Diesel List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:19 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Delta sucks

Dammed hard to drive to the Dominican Republic though...

Last spring the week before we were going to camp Angie was off to Arizona with her aunt and cousin, big tour of the metaphysical... I figured this meant I was going to go to camp on Friday and drive all the way the hell back to Boston (400 miles) to get her on Monday or miss out on the first 3 days of vacation. Turns out you can fly from Boston to Presque Isle, Maine (on a jet no less) for $90 one way. Worked out real good. Such a short flight that she texted me just before the door closed, I ate some dinner, jumped in the truck and she beat me to the airport.

-Curt