The in need of attention R107 my indie has turned out to be a bad idea.  It has
been sitting for too long and even though I could get it back into better
cosmetic condition, the engine had bigger issues than disclosed and the
interior was further along in biodegrading than I wanted to handle.

There was a local MBCA event today and I took Frosch out.  I had thought the
heat exchanger was allowing coolant through and making the cabin hot.  Then I
put my hand onto the console back of the shifter and found the surface to be a
bit too warm.  The heat seems to be cooking the plastic.  Is this a normal
situation?  Should there be a cowl on the mid stream resonator or putting a
shield on the hump to reduce the heat?

At the event, I came across a fellow with a 1985 280SL.  Red on sable with the
original first aid box and carpets.  The thing was DOT "upgraded" but could
probably be put right.   Manual window winders and Becker radio/cassette.  Then
the guy pops a for sale sign in the windshield.  Being the idiot that I am, I
ask how much?  Too bad it is a red car.  He says he will be putting it in
Hemming in mid March for around $2500.  This month, special for the local club
he is doing a move it now price of $1800.

What the car needs is around $2k in rubber mount updates.  Engine, transmission
mounts, and a few other rubber bushings.  I did not dig deeper since I no
longer buy red cars.  I tend to end up getting rear ended in red cars.

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers