Jim You said:

>Tim,
>Welcome to the list.
>My 79 slipped for 3-4 years on the 2-3 part throttle upshift and I thought
>sure it was terminal. About 6 years ago I replaced the vacuum modulator and
>that cured the problem. Still on original bands and clutches at 261,000
>miles. Putting a mitivac on the old modulator revealed a very slow leak which
>may
>have been the cause but I really can't explain why this fixed it.
>Regards,
>Jim Friesen

When you mentioned the vacuum modulator are you talking about the part that
sits on top of the valve cover or as I look on Rusty's site a part that more
resembles a gas cap ?

Thanks,

Dan Elliott
82 300D-T 91kmi
Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and industry-leading spam
and email virus protection.