One of my neighbor's roommate is a flight instructor and also flies
pipeline patrol. He's in his late 20's, don't know how long he will put up
with the low pay and long hours, when the weather cooperates. My instructor
flies part time, but his main income is from construction.

A lot of people buy a Cessna 150 or 172 to build their hours in, then sell
it and buy what they really want to fly after they have the license they
want and the money.

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin <ka...@striplin.net>wrote:

> Denial has been out of it for years, I am sure much has changed. Yes, long
> hours and lousy pay is what I have heard also starting out, but damn it
> seems like a cool job.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Feb 27, 2014, at 12:03 PM, Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com> wrote:
> >
> > You should get with Deneal. Can't think of a better resource for
> information on the subject.
> >
> > I also think you're nuts. If you're considering trying to fly
> commercial, if you get hired, it's long hours and pretty lousy pay.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> >> On Feb 27, 2014, at 12:45 PM, "Kaleb C. Striplin" <ka...@striplin.net>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Been thinking lately about a career change to flying for a living. I
> think however I would be on the verge I being too old, if not already. We
> got any pro pilots on here? As an alternative, maybe I should finish my
> private license and just have a hobby like ok don.
> >>
> >> Sent from my iPhone

OK Don
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin 1775
"in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."
- Benjamin Franklin 1789
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2012 Passat TDI DSG, 44 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!