I think, most pilots are glorified bus drivers. With all the modern stuff, it is not as interesting as the old days. Get on, kick in the auto pilot and try to stay awake and ready if an emergency arises. Train, train, train for a situation that you truly hope never arises and then if it does, pray that you immediately understand what is happening, that you do the right thing and that you have some luck on your side.

The more exciting stuff is also the dangerous stuff. Crop dusters etc.

You might want to get into flying at the bottom with an ultralight. Cheaper to buy and to fly than most anything else.
Fly low and slow and enjoy the scenery.

Randy who would like to fly but is too old and poor and smart to start now, etc.