Dan wrote:
> I also think you're nuts. If you're considering trying to fly commercial, if
> you get hired, it's long hours and pretty lousy pay.

There is zero money in being pilot until you get to big birds.  My son
flies lear35 in ABQ air ambulance.  Go to local school in all your
spare time.  Get private, then instructor to earn time.  Move to
complex then turbine.  It takes time and money but many many people
want to fly.  Age? - I would suggest FAA but you are over 30.  FAA is
looking to hire a bunch of controllers.
mao