An airliner black box ELT [Emergency Locator Transmitter] signal should be
picked up by satellite in orbit, should be heard by the hundreds of airline
flights over that area of Pacific rim, and any ship monitoring the ELT
frequency.

Reserve battery power would continue to broadcast for days post crash.  ELT
/ Black box [actually orange BTW] are made to withstand incredible forces
of crash, fire, water,, etc etc etc.. They are made to survive.. once
activated they don't turn off by themselves..

Most strange, no ELT signal found.. most strange..