Mummy said I am not old enough for big boy pants.

Anyway the thing is that this is a cat and mouse game which adds nothing to the performance of the software but adds a lot of bloat which detracts from the performance. I spend a lot of years in front of windows machines and a fair bit of that time was taken up with installing patches and updates to fix holes in the security. Not fixing problems with the performance of the OS (sure there where a few of them). Finding a vulnerability in a OS is not an innovation, just a waste of resources that could be used to build better software. Yeah sure it's a sad fact of life that everything needs to be under lock and key and we have to live with the constant fear that we will get robbed or such.

The joke being that Linux is relatively secure because it is partly coded by hackers.

Speaking of hackers, yes I can understand the difference between hackers and cyber criminals but cyber criminals use the knowledge of hackers to do bad things, often the victim being the little guy.

Just so it is perhaps a bit clearer, Linus Torvalds (who looks a bit like someone else I know http://www.wmsbrg.com/benz/rustybbq/ no not the big guy, the skinny runt in between the big boys) releasing an operating system free of charge is innovation, finding a security loophole in windows is what some loner in his/her Mums basement does for fun.

Anywho i think this list proves that diversity is alive and viscous.

Who was it that said a while back that everything that could be invented has been invented and that the patent office should shut up shop?

Hendrik
who struggles along in this bizarre world