H&F wrote:
> Speaking of hackers, yes I can understand the difference between hackers and
> cyber criminals but cyber criminals use the knowledge of hackers to do bad
> things, often the victim being the little guy.

Here's another way to think about hackers and their usefulness.  We
are clear in our call out of many things and then we do the job of
fixing it.  We don't look at a fire burning the house down and walk
away saying it ain't so - no, we get the water on the fire to fix it
and then we repair the damage.  Or, since this is okiebenz, we don't
look at our low oil and say it ain't so - no, we top off with M1 or
okra water... wait, I already admitted the okra slippery is not good
in heat.  When someone (hacker) sees a hole in software a fix happens
- we don't just ignore or disavow its existence, we fix the problem.
That is the usefulness of hackers, I think.  They show us the problem
that is not known so that the grand program can be fixed.
mao