Ok, the indie was clueless as to pre-chambers

Since the car was sold in LA, there must have been an excess of city driving, and the manifold never got cleaned out. The next ten years must have just added to the snot build up.

So, I will have a fine time for another 150k miles. Unless the italian driving sends flames through the intake, I do not think that would solve the build up issue