On 03/04/2014 1:55 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:
What does a "living wage" even mean? Does it mean an apartment or a house? Car,
bicycle or the shoe leather express?
If it does mean a car is it a new car or 20 year old heap?

This one you vote with your feet, you don't like Wal-Mart's business practices
don't shop there. I don't.

One of my Facebook friends was applauding Wal-Mart's push for more American
made items, apparently decades of carrying only Chinese stuff doesn't matter as
long as they're contrite and say they're going to change.

-Curt

I am not the world's biggest fan of Walmart. I don't know what my wife buys there but personally about the only things I have acquired from them in recent times is some Zerex coolant and some Mobil1 oil.

However I will come to their defence again. They are not alone. It does not seem to matter where I shop these days, the majority of goods seem to have a "Made in China" stamp on them.

It is sad but it is true and as I said before, we have done it to ourselves and there is no easy fix to it.

Big business found cheaper goods and we bought them. We are big time consumers. The advertising flyers promise good deals on junk we don't need every day. We buy it and haul it home and store it.

I really don't think you can say it is Walmart's fault.

Randy