Well thats what I've done since I've had 123s also, but I've heard roomers that its a no no. It is easy to do, for sure. There is a discussion over on the web forum and some, what Ive considered, pretty knowledgeable folks saying its not a good idea. Just wondering if anyone around here would comment. It just seems like such a pain to lift the rear any other way. Were talking W123s here.

  Steve

Message: 16
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:49:54 -0800
From: Zeitgeist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Lifting the rear end of a W123
To: Mercedes Discussion List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

It may not be the preferred point of lift, but that's what I've been
doing for years.  It's convenient cuz it's centrally located, and only
requires you to jack once going up, and once going down.  I don't even
use the wood block, since Harbor Freight has a nifty little
rubber-faced jack pad, which helps to avoid marring any sensitive
jack-point surfaces.

On 1/14/06, Steve & Marci <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Attn 123 folks.  Is it OK to LIFT under the differential using a floor jack
> (and wood block) ??

Casey
Olympia, WA
Biodiesel: "I drive in a persistent vegetative state"
'87 300TD intercooler (211k)
'84 300D (207k)
Gashuffer:
'89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition (186K)