I am suprised that you lost IE on a Windoze system. I mean, I am surprised you were able to. It used to be that deletion of IE would completely disable the Windows operating system.

If you have high speed internet access, you can download the Mepis ISO from www.mepis.com and burn it to a CD. The CD is live, meaning that you can then boot to the CD and it will run Linux straight off the CD without installing anything on your hard drive. If you have a high speed internet connection, Mepis should detect this also and give you internet connectivity straightaway. You can try the Konqueror browser on Mepis- I have found that it often does a better job of rendering MicroSoft created pages than does Mozilla and others.

When I am in this position, I also like to take a few minutes to e-mail the webmaster, let him know that IE Explorer currently holds less than 90% of the browser market, and suggest that unless he wants to lose 10% or more of his business he needs to make the site browser-agnostic.

Zeitgeist wrote:

Win XP

Had to give up on Opera, cuz it wasn't operating correctly within the
system.  Damn, this is maddening!