Well guys....I just went and looked at my fog lights on my 83 300D. The fog
bulbs appear to be sealed beam just like the hi/lo headlights in the fitting
beside them. The fog bulbs have "Bosch Germany" embossed in the glass in the
middle of them. The fixtures that the bulbs sit in have Bosch sticker on the
back of them. But the fogs are definitely sealed beam, not some replaceable
bulb like are in my other newer vehicles. Now I purchased the 83 300D from a
young Georgia Tech grad whose mother gave it to him after inheriting it from
her father who was the original purchaser in South Carolina. The young man told
me he would not change anything on the car because he was afraid his mother
would be mad at him. Hence, the car was all original with 165,000 miles on it
when I purchased it about 18 years ago.
Anyway, I don't think they are aftermarket. If I care enough about this issue,
I may get into my garage attic and dig out my backup set and see what they are,
but as memory serves, they are identical to the set currently on the car.
Just how I see it, your visions my differ...
Best Wishes,
Roger
Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.